Innovate, Create, Transform
Developing Successful Entrepreneurs
PO Box 10569
Bakersfield, CA 93389
4900 California Ave,
Bakersfield, CA 93309
MATRIX ENTREPRENEUR ACADEMY
2020 is our Inaugural Year!
Join us and be part of history!
We will empower hundreds of future entrepreneurs to kick-start their business dreams with hands-on, real-world training in “how to start a business,” and prepare a new generation of aspiring entrepreneurs.
Our future depends upon a plentiful supply of educated, creative entrepreneurial citizens to create new businesses and jobs. The natural drive of young people is at the core of what we do—we are changing lives by capturing the imagination of future entrepreneurs.
Matrix Entrepreneur Academy is a specialized program designed to educate students in 7th through 12th grades and young adults regarding finances, business, mindset, and entrepreneurship.
Regular Classes will start on August 17, 2020, in person and will be held two days a week. Class length is two and a half hours. Personal finances is one activity period; Entrepreneur (Business) is three activity periods; and Skills for Success (Mindset) is one activity period. Class size will be six to 15 students. Covid-19 recommendations will be followed for safety and health.
“Not every young person wants to work for a big business, so we need a systemic approach to teach them entrepreneurship.”
– U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
Introductory Entrepreneur Classes will be offered as a 12 week class.
Click here to view schedule and enroll.
Admission for Regular Classes
Open Enrollment Period: Application form is the first step for enrollment. Please note each student applying must have his/her own form on file by the due date and time. Students will be accepted in order of receipt of the Intent to Enroll Form.
Matrix Entrepreneur Academy has an innovative junior high, high school, and Young Adult program that emphasizes the development of skills in the area of finances, business, management, leadership, personal development, and entrepreneurship.
Numerous community entrepreneurs, business owners, and managers have volunteered to mentor a student at least one hour a month in person regarding the development of their sole proprietorship. All mentors will go through the same background checks as the staff. Are you an entrepreneur, business owner, manager?
Click here for more information on being a mentor.
Entrepreneurship is on the move!
Entrepreneurship is a way of life: It is not just an academic discipline.
- Job Creation & Economic Growth: In a changing economy, entrepreneurship is the path to economic growth that also stimulates job creation.
- Real-World Experience: Putting economic lessons in context is a viable and effective strategy for helping teens achieve their employment and career goals. Government cannot create all the jobs for today’s young people. Teaching skills, and fostering creativity and independence by participating or starting a business prepares them for what’s to come in life.
- An Early Impact: While entrepreneurship courses are popularly available at the college level, they’re less common at the junior high and high school level—a crucial time to inspire interest and get kids on a path to success.
2½hrs a day 2 days a week
What We Do for Your Teen
Program Benefits – Education for a Lifetime.
- Students are very engaged when learning about money and business
- Connecting to Real World life beats staying home playing video games
- Professional skill development is huge! Leaning soft skills like how to have meaningful conversations, meet people, network, etc. instead of texting the friend across the table
- Students have an increased interest in attending college
- Greater occupational aspirations
- Improved scores in independent reading
“Entrepreneurship is an employment and job creation strategy that can lead to economic self-sufficiency for today’s young people”
– The Kauffman Foundation
Entrepreneurship is more than a set of tools and techniques for starting a business. It’s a mindset, a way of looking at things that is opportunity-focused and creative. It’s about passion—doing what you love, and about challenge and persistence. Our school prepares students for further studies in business or can stand alone as valuable information for future endeavors.
PARENT BUSINESS OR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
You Don’t Have to Break the Bank to Be in Good Hands
Besides Financial Aid, Loans, and Low-Interest Credit Cards, several part-time business opportunities are available to parents who would like to earn part or all of their students’ tuition. Parents and students may also volunteer hours when receiving financial assistance.
Let us know your Interest
Where to Start
Start by submitting “The Application” form and completing the Registration Packet as soon as possible.
Subscribe to Updates
Matrix Entrepreneur Academy offers an unusual professional opportunity for administrators, instructors and office staff who may be looking for a new approach. Further, Matrix Entrepreneur Academy emphasizes participatory school governance in which staff is actively involved in decision-making at the school site.
For more information and to access application.