Open Enrollment Period:
If you are a student who has a desire to succeed in life and who wants to learn amazing skills which can be used throughout your entire life, YOU ARE INVITED to let us know of your interest? Parents, if your teen fits one of the categories below, let us know of your interest.
Our flexible schedules will work for students in Regular Schools, including Athletes, and Band and Colorguard Members, Kern Learn, Independent Studies, Home School and Charter School Programs, as well as students who are educated in other ways.
Who benefits the most from Matrix Entrepreneur Academy?
- Students who want to make things happen
- Students who love a challenge and want to solve problems.
- Students who are independent thinkers
- Students who want to work for themselves
- Children of entrepreneurs
- Students who do not seem to fit into a regular school
- Students who are at risk of quitting school to make money
- Students who are bored and want a non-traditional education
Start by submitting “The Intent to Enroll form“. This form is simply to find out the interest level of the
students and parents in the community in order to set up a class schedule and
determine the number of instructors and classrooms necessary. Following receipt of the Intent to Enroll Form online, a Registration Packet will be sent to the parents. The Registration Packet should be returned a soon as possible.
Students will be accepted in order of receipt of the Intent to Enroll Form.
Student Options & Services
Our students will come from a wide variety of backgrounds and school situations. The commitment to be in our Entrepreneur Class may mean adjusting the schedule as well as rearranging when and how regular core curriculum classes are taken. While students may sign-up for any of the entrepreneur classes, some class times will work better than others. Below are the following options:
- Morning Class – 9:00 to 11:30 am
Home School, Independent Study, or Charter School Students.
- Mid-Day Class – 12:15 to 2:45 pm
Athletes, Band and Colorguard Members, Regular High School Students, as well as Home School, Independent Study, or Charter School Students
If attending a public or private high school and a full schedule is needed to graduate,
One or two classes may be taken by Enrolling in the Kern High School Online Program called Kern Learn Watch the video: Blended Learning. The program uses a wide variety of learning techniques.
This schedule enables students to be at other activities by 3:00 pm.
- After School Class – 3:00 to 5:30 pm
Regular Comprehensive, Private, or Charter High School
Class time may need to be adjusted based on class members school day.
Matrix Entrepreneur Academy Parents are ultimately responsible to make sure that their students complete their regular core subjects and complete the work required for their grade level in order to advance to the next grade.
If home school or Kern Learn is part of the plan, parents are responsible for contacting the home school options listed below or other home school options, doing their due diligence in choosing the best program for their student and paying for the program if there are fees. Some programs have online classes where the student must be in front of a computer to meet with a class of other online students. Some programs are self-paced.
What is an Entrepreneur?
Robert Kyosaki, author of Rich Dad Poor Dad, described success as an entrepreneur
is making money while the entrepreneur sleeps.
Will Students Earn Credit for Completing The Entrepreneur Course?
What are the Benefits for my student attending an Entrepreneur (Business) School?
- The principles taught are applicable in their own business or in a corporate world that needs better thinkers.
- This is a chance to learn if entrepreneurship is right for them
- Increased interest in attending college
- Greater occupational aspirations
- Improved scores in independent reading
- Improved Resumes for Internships and Jobs with Certificates for Financial
- Education, Entrepreneurship, and Skills for Success
Who are the Instructors?
- Credentialed Secondary or College Instructors with business experience.
- CTE credentialed teachers for specialty subjects
At what age should a student learn about Finances and Entrepreneurship (business)?
- Dr. Kurt Krueger, President, Concordia University says, “It’s Never Too Early.
- We will strive to introduce entrepreneurial skills at an early age and nurture an
entrepreneurial drive that would set students on the right path for success in achieving their career and life goals.
Are students learning about business in regular schools?
The Dilemma: High School Students Aren’t Getting Enough Business Education?
- Seven out of ten high school students say they want to start their own business (Gallup poll); the dream of many high school students is to become self-employed. A Department of Commerce study shows that teens’ strong interest in starting a business derives from the freedom associated with being their own boss.
- 86% of the teens surveyed rated themselves very poor to fair on their knowledge of entrepreneurship and business.
- 85% indicated they believed it was important to receive entrepreneurship education.
- When it comes to unemployment, today’s teens are not ones to sit around and complain.
- They take action. Many are not about looking for jobs; they are about creating them. For this generation, it’s becoming a create-your-own-job economy. They want to make their passion their business and help change the world. And to do so, they are seeking the tools and training to help them.
So, what do junior high and high school students know about being entrepreneurs?
It turns out their curiosity about the world around them, natural creativity, willingness to take risks, and unbridled enthusiasm are also the characteristics of our greatest
So why is the board of directors of Innovative Entrepreneur Education starting an Entrepreneur class?
- Every member of the board says they wish they had had these lessons before becoming an adult entrepreneur.
- Most businesses fail because they do not know how to manage a business like marketing, cash flow, pricing, etc. They are usually very good at what they do.
Does this school replace high school?
No, a high school diploma and even college are important for a person’s resume but
learning marketable skills and having a certificate to show you have made the effort to go beyond school and learn real-world skills is very attractive to employers as well as giving the skills to start a business.
Enrollment packets will be available after receipt of the Intent to Enroll Form Online and shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
- US or foreign government-issued identification with proof of age through documents such as the following: birth records, statements by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth, baptism certificate duly attested, a declaration from the parent/guardian, or a passport.
- Unofficial transcripts or last report card from school(s) the student is currently attending or attended last school year.
- An acknowledgment of receipt and review of the Student Handbook signed
by the Parents/guardians/caregivers and students.
- Student questionnaire
5. $500 non-refundable deposit which will be applied to the tuition fee.
The following may be due upon request:
- Proof of full immunization or exception from the requirement
- Proof of health examinations required by the Health and Safety Code
If any information provided to by the parents/guardians could indicate immigration status, citizenship status or national origin information, the School shall not use the acquired information to discriminate against any students or families or bar children from enrolling in or attending the School.
Enrollment packets MUST be completed and returned to Matrix Entrepreneur Academy with all required documentation prior to being enrolled in a class. Enrollment packets that are missing any information will be considered incomplete and may not be accepted.
- Have a sincere desire to learn about finances, business, and entrepreneurship.
- Have a sincere desire to develop leadership skills and improve their level of self-confidence
- Have an interest in learning how to start a business while in school.
- Are willing to comply with the school’s policies (Please review our Parent/Student Handbook).
- Maintain a satisfactory citizenship records in their previous and current school.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in their previous and current school
Entrepreneur Academy does not typically accept students who have been expelled from any school.
Subscribe to Updates
Matrix Entrepreneur Academy offers an unusual professional opportunity for administrators, instructors and office staff who may be looking for a new approach. Further, Matrix Entrepreneur Academy emphasizes participatory school governance in which staff is actively involved in decision-making at the school site.
For more information and to access application.