Financial Aid Options
Financial Aid Process
Families considering Matrix Entrepreneur Academy understand the benefits of education in finance and business. However, some may face an obstacle in affording the cost of tuition. Matrix Entrepreneur Academy is committed to providing a need-based financial aid program that awards grants to families, based solely on demonstrated economic need.
Our goal is that every student who would like to attend Matrix Entrepreneur Academy may do so. We will assist with the problem-solving task of making that happen financially.
Matrix Entrepreneur Academy does not offer merit, athletic or special-achievement scholarships. Through need-based financial aid, Matrix Entrepreneur Academy strives to maintain its commitment of enrolling a diverse student body. Matrix Entrepreneur Academy expects the family to take the primary responsibility for the cost of their students’ education and encourages them to seek every avenue in meeting the financial obligation of tuition.
The financial aid funds are provided by generous donors from our school families, members of the community and special events.
Financial aid application process will begin on January 1, 2020
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid is need-based. Awards are determined on a family’s ability to pay.
Families applying for financial aid will be evaluated to ensure every effort is being made to meet the tuition on their own.
- As a general rule, we expect the parent(s)/guardian(s) to pay at least half of the tuition.
This can be done by starting a family side business. See more information below.
- Financial Aid results in a reduction in the tuition charge. It is not a loan or scholarship nor is it taxable to the family.
- Financial Aid is only available to students taking the entrepreneur class.
- Parent(s) and student(s) will be asked to serve school volunteer hours if awarded Financial Aid.
- The application process is handled independently from the Matrix Entrepreneur Academy admissions process. The company is called TADS.
- If your 2019 income taxes are not completed, please supply your 2018 tax return and W-2’s for 2019. TADS will use the supplied information to compute estimated federal taxes. TADS estimates the highest tax a family is likely to pay.
- There is a $45 application fee, payable by credit card (MasterCard and Visa) or check mailed directly to the TADS. If awarded financial aid, this $45 fee will be
credited to the first student in the family to apply to Matrix Entrepreneur Academy.
- TADS requires you to have an email account and your computer must be configured to accept cookies in order to complete the application.
- For your protection, all electronic information is encrypted and saved on a secure dedicated server.
- The entire application need not be completed in one session. You can return to it using the username and password you established.
- All required financial documents (including tax returns and paystubs) are submitted directly to TADS. Information on uploading or submitting these forms will be given to you during the application process.
- In order to apply for qualification for Financial Aid through TADS, click here to create an account. After an account is created, Click Here
Financial Aid Recipients
As a condition of receiving financial assistance, parents and students awarded aid are asked to complete volunteer hours.
Find volunteer opportunities by logging in and visiting the Volunteer Opportunities on the Community Page
Start a Family Side Business
With the help of the staff of Matrix Entrepreneur Academy, parents, and family members may want to start a “Side Hustle”, a side business to not only cover the cost of tuition but increase their family income. Information meetings and individual appointments will be held and announced by email.
There are lenders that make loans available to parents to help them finance the cost of private school education for their children.
You may want to explore other credit options as well, such as a personal loan or mortgage refinance from your local bank or a low-interest credit card.
Financial Aid FAQ
Is my student’s application or acceptance to Matrix Entrepreneur Academy related to my request for financial aid?
No. Admission to Matrix Entrepreneur Academy is independent from a family’s request for financial aid.
When should I apply for financial aid?
A financial aid application may be completed at any time after January 1, 2020; however, financial aid will not be awarded until the student has been accepted to attend Matrix Entrepreneur Academy.
Where do funds for financial aid come from?
Is financial aid a loan? Does it have to be paid back?
No. A Financial Aid award reduces your total amount of tuition due. It does not have to be paid back.
Are there other avenues to obtain the funds needed for my student to attend Matrix Entrepreneur Academy?
Does Matrix Entrepreneur Academy award merit or special achievement scholarships?
No. Matrix Entrepreneur Academy does not award scholarships. All financial aid is awarded on the basis of demonstrated economic need.
How do we know if we will qualify for financial aid?
Am I required to request financial aid every year? Why doesn’t Matrix Entrepreneur Academy offer a multi-year financial aid amount?
Yes, you are required to apply every year. Each family is distinctive in their financial situation, and financial circumstances rarely remain static. Matrix Entrepreneur Academy will consider each family’s unique situation every year and make an annual decision on Financial Aid.
Since we received some financial aid in the past, can we count on the same amount in the future?
While Matrix Entrepreneur Academy will consider your Financial Aid from the previous year, we will evaluate each year independently based on your current financial situation.
Do you offer “Full Rides” to Entrepreneur Academy?
No. There is no student who receives 100% in Financial Aid. We believe that a Matrix Entrepreneur Academy education is very valuable, and every family is capable of making a sacrifice and financial contribution to attend.
What about fees and other expenses? Can those be taken from my financial aid award?
What are my student’s requirements if we receive financial aid?
You will be required to submit the Intent to Enroll form, and the Matrix Entrepreneur Academy Registration Packet and Financial Agreement. Your student must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester at their school to continue receiving Financial Aid, be a contributing member to the overall entrepreneur program and community, and complete the required volunteer service hours.
Can I share the amount of our financial aid amount with others?
Our Financial Aid process is public; however, each family situation is unique. Matrix Entrepreneur Academy requests that each family keep the amount of their award confidential and not discuss specifics with other families.
What is TADS? Does TADS make a decision regarding my family’s financial aid award?
TADS Financial Aid Assessment is an independent company (third party) that helps Matrix Entrepreneur Academy assess and evaluate your family’s financial need and ability to pay the Matrix Entrepreneur Academy tuition. TADS does not make any decisions on behalf of Matrix Entrepreneur Academy and the final decision rests entirely with Matrix Entrepreneur Academy.
We have a split or blended family. Do both parents need to apply to TADS?
Is my information safe and confidential?
Subscribe to Updates